To lead the department and provide professional guidance on the asset and fund management activities and Private Equity business of the company.
To lead and co-ordinate asset management work; manage the team; setting operational processes and procedures, regularly reviewing performance; understanding learning; and acting upon data/ information to improve the service delivery. Lead and co-ordinate work of the team to ensure that all key strategic goals are achieved on time.
- Manage the existing traditional Pensions Portfolio ensuring growth targets in the fund management agreements are achieved
- Provide leadership of the team in winning new traditional pensions business
- Lead the team in maintaining existing Tier 2 and 3 pension funds under management
- Work with existing trustees and pursue other trustees to grow the Tier 2 and 3 business line substantially
- Lead the team in managing and winning welfare and endowment funds management
- Provide leadership in the management of existing fund management products
- Lead in the establishment of new funds management products within the strategic plan of the company
- Take custody of fund management software ensuring it is efficient and ensures timely delivery of clients statements and balances
- Be operationally efficient ensuring clients get all requisite information and advice on their accounts
- Raise funds for potential investment in target companies
- Appraisal of investee company’s
- Deal closure and negotiation skills
- Ongoing monitoring of investments
- Provide ongoing feedback on investee companies to management and board for decision making
- Liaise with CEO’s, CFO’s and Board of investee companies on strategic direction to yield the required result.
- Masters’ Degree in Finance, Economics or related field from a recognised university.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the securities industry.
- Experience in Pensions, Wealth Management & Private Equity
- Certification as a valuation analyst (CVA or FMVA) will be an added advantage
- An extensive understanding of investment management and its regulatory environment.
- Practical management experience in managing and supervising operational activities.
- Excellent project and team management skills.
- Analytical and strategic minded individual with attention to detail.
- Skilled negotiator with no compromise on quality.
- Excellent communicator both orally and written.
- Results Oriented.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Accra