Exercise control over the accounting for revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities of the organization, ensuring the proper use and disbursement of funds, the propriety of the accounts, and the preparation of meaningful and timely financial statements and budgets
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare timely and reliable financial statements (monthly, quarterly and year-end) including, balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and regulatory reports as required.
- Manage the disbursement function in accordance with cash flow objectives and constraints.
- Lead and facilitate the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget;
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management and reporting.
- Ensure the compliance of the financial management function with audit and quality assurance standards.
- Prepare financial projections on projects and report on the use of funds for stakeholder information and decision-making.
- Support the management team by providing financial projections and financial analyses and advice in support of operational and business plans;
- Manage the company’s tax liability, ensuring payment to IRS in fulfillment of the company’s tax obligation.
- Has the responsibility of the overall direction, coordination, and review of the organization’s financial situation
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include coaching/training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Full professional accounting qualification i.e. ACCA, CA, ICMA plus three (3) years relevant post qualification experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.
- Experience in a relevant role is a requirement.